I would like to share my weight loss diet details with my blog viewers as this would be helpful, sorry wealthful! As health is wealth :-) I loss 10 Kgs in 4 months that is 69 Kgs to 59 Kgs (between May 2013 and August 2013) without any dieting but systematic diet(see above my pictures). Actually I started this activity for fitness but not for weight loss. As per health experts, fitness= 80% diet + 20% exercise.
My diet schedule:
- My day starts with drinking 1 liter of water with empty stomach in the early morning.
- Morning brisk walk for 30 minutes. Every day morning I head bath with cold water irrespective of season so walking is sacrosanct to me.
- Breakfast was only Oats followed by one carrot and fruits.
- No Tea or Coffee after breakfast.
- Lunch was rice. Quantity of lunch was almost same as before weight loss only difference was the change in preparation of dishes that is dishes with very less oil and no fries in meal. Sometimes I used to have brown rice in lunch.
- 4’o clock evening, little quantity of Tea that is half of the quantity that I used to have before weight loss.
- 5’o clock evening, Apple without fail.
- 7:15’o clock night, dinner with oil less rotees(Indian bread) and more curry.
Strict principles I inculcated and implemented:
- Fries almost avoided.
- Snacks and sweets were almost avoided.
- Apple was the only thing I used to eat between my lunch and dinner(except little Tea). This habit played crucial role in my weight loss. Evening snacks such as fried or processed foods are the main reasons for gaining weight. Make a habit of eating fruits as evening snacks.
- What is required for good taste? Hunger! So I never felt that I am eating tasteless food and I maintained food timings strictly.
I call dinner as final settlement!!! If I eat processed snacks in the evening or cake in birthday party or oily food on weekend then I would skip dinner that day. This is called as a “Final settlement”. I maintained lucid account of my diet at the end of each day! Where there is a will there is a way :-)
- With simple food habits and WILL power to control mind to eat systematically will definitely help in losing astonish weight within short period of time. I am the example!
After the weight loss, I did master health checkup in a reputed hospital and doctor was amazed with result of medical report, I did this because though I was confident about my healthy diet, I wanted to certify with medical report.
I also believe in Hinduism philosophy of diet that is food is three types (Sattvic , Rajasic, Tamasic) and what we eat determines our mental as well as physical status.
Heart transplantation is the example of extraordinary caliber of human body construction by nature. Our body is the best doctor in the world to cure any kind of decease if we maintain. Unfortunately, we are ruining our health with sedentary and affluent life style. I would like to share great quote from Dalai Lama on modern life style and health.
"Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."
Are you serious about Weight Loss?
If you are seriously looking for weight loss then follow following 3 things every day for 21 days and I am sure you will lose minimium of 3 to 5 kgs kgs.
- 1)Drink 1 litre of water as a first thing as soon as you get up in the morning then after little gap do BRISK walk for 30 minutes
- 2)Eat Oats in breakfasat followed by eating fruits. No restriction on lunch diet.
- 3)Make sure you STRICTLY EAT ONLY APPLE between lunch and dinner. Eat dinner with oil less roties or Indian Breads by 7:30 PM or max by 8 PM. You may take very little tea/coffee/milk in the evening.
Some more health tips:
If you want to follow above 3 points diet, take one paper and write 21 rows with dates and with two options YES and NO. Before going to bed in the night, tick YES if you followed, tick NO if you not followed. You must tick every day on paper without fail. If you write on paper, your thoughts will be sinked into subconcious mind which plays key role in implementing things automatically.
- Drink execess water. Water is the best medicine to cleanse your body. The more water you use in the room the more it will clean. This same concept applicable to your body too.
- Don't drink much water in the night.
- Make sure 2 hours gap between your dinner and sleeping.
- Stress, Fear, ego, angry spoils the health than bad diet so person's character plays major role in healthy life than dieting. Laughter, positive thinking, courage and helping others makes you decease free body. Meditation is the best medicine for cleanse your mind.
- Sun is the best doctor so daily go under sun for sometime.
- Do not consult doctor when you fell sick unless it is really emergency because your body is capable enough to recuperate itself, just take rest and be peaceful. Quote from famouse doctor BM Hegde “There is no pill for every ill, there is an ill following every pill”.
- There is a misconception that Yoga means Yoga asanas. Yoga asanas are 1 of 8 limbs of Yoga as per the Patanjali yoga sutra. The 8 limbs of yoga are: Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi. Now you explore more on this...
- Finally, for holistic health make 3 things as mandatory as brushing every day. They are Pranayama, meditation and few minutes under the sun light.