I would like to share my weight loss diet details with my blog viewers as this would be helpful, sorry wealthful! As health is wealth :-) I loss 10 Kgs in 4 months that is 69 Kgs to 59 Kgs (between May 2013 and August 2013) without any dieting but systematic diet(see above my pictures). Actually I started this activity for fitness but not for weight loss. As per health experts, fitness= 80% diet + 20% exercise.
My diet schedule:
- My day starts with drinking 1 liter of water with empty stomach in the early morning.
- Morning brisk walk for 30 minutes. Every day morning I head bath with cold water irrespective of season so walking is sacrosanct to me.
- Breakfast was only Oats followed by one carrot and fruits.
- No Tea or Coffee after breakfast.
- Lunch was rice. Quantity of lunch was almost same as before weight loss only difference was the change in preparation of dishes that is dishes with very less oil and no fries in meal. Sometimes I used to have brown rice in lunch.
- 4’o clock evening, little quantity of Tea that is half of the quantity that I used to have before weight loss.
- 5’o clock evening, Apple without fail.
- 7:15’o clock night, dinner with oil less rotees(Indian bread) and more curry.
Strict principles I inculcated and implemented:
- Fries almost avoided.
- Snacks and sweets were almost avoided.
- Apple was the only thing I used to eat between my lunch and dinner(except little Tea). This habit played crucial role in my weight loss. Evening snacks such as fried or processed foods are the main reasons for gaining weight. Make a habit of eating fruits as evening snacks.
- What is required for good taste? Hunger! So I never felt that I am eating tasteless food and I maintained food timings strictly.
I call dinner as final settlement!!! If I eat processed snacks in the evening or cake in birthday party or oily food on weekend then I would skip dinner that day. This is called as a “Final settlement adjustment”. I maintained lucid account of my diet at the end of each day! Where there is a will there is a way :-)
- With simple food habits and WILL power to control mind to eat systematically will definitely help in losing astonish weight within short period of time. I am the example!
My experience after weight loss:
After the weight loss, I did master health checkup in a reputed hospital and doctor was amazed with result of medical report, I did this because though I was confident about my healthy diet, I wanted to certify with medical report.
After weight loss, I used to prance exuberantly like kids! This is because of energy levels that my state of mind and body forced me to do so.
I also believe in Hinduism philosophy of diet that is food is three types (Sattvic , Rajasic, Tamasic) and what we eat determines our mental as well as physical status, however, I got to know about this after my weight loss so I followed partial unknowingly. I followed the philosophy of “Eat Moderate”.
Heart transplantation is the example of extraordinary caliber of human body construction by nature. Our body is the best doctor in the world to cure any kind of decease if we maintain. Unfortunately, we are ruining our health with sedentary and affluent life style.
Nature principle on “Food Vs Physical Work”:
Nature principle of diet is, all species including human beings have to get food through physical work then appease taste buds. If your nature of work is sedentary then you are eligible to eat “Moderately” and your maid is eligible to eat “More and high calorie tasty” food as your maid is doing physical work, in fact you are paying money to your maid and taking care of their health but not yours!!!. Nature does not give any exemption based on person's designation or economic status. We are nature products and we should obey the nature principles. Can we live without breathing using technology? No. Hence, Caveman to modern man there is no difference in breathing air to live. Natural fundamentals never change.
“Too much luxurious life style can cause costly treatment or no treatment to recuperate.”
I would like to share great quote from Dalai Lama on modern life style and health.
"Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."