I would like to share my weight loss diet details with my blog viewers as this would be helpful, sorry wealthful! As health is wealth :-) I loss 10 Kgs in 4 months that is 69 Kgs to 59 Kgs (between May 2013 and August 2013) without any dieting but systematic diet(see above my pictures). Actually I started this activity for fitness but not for weight loss. As per health experts, fitness= 80% diet + 20% exercise.
My diet schedule:
- My day starts with drinking 1 liter of water with empty stomach in the early morning.
- Morning brisk walk for 30 minutes. Every day morning I head bath with cold water irrespective of season so walking is sacrosanct to me.
- Breakfast was only Oats followed by one carrot and fruits.
- No Tea or Coffee after breakfast.
- Lunch is rice. Quantity of lunch was almost same as before weight loss only difference was the change in preparation of dishes that is dishes with very less oil and no fries in meal. Sometimes I used to have brown rice in lunch.
- 4’o clock evening, little quantity of Tea that is half of the quantity that I used to have before weight loss.
- 5’o clock evening, Apple without fail.
- 7:15’o clock night, dinner with oil less rotees(Indian bread).
Strict principles I inculcated and implemented:
- Fries almost avoided.
- Snacks and sweets were almost avoided.
- Apple was the only thing I used to eat between my lunch and dinner(except little Tea). This habit played crucial role in my weight loss.
- I used to make sure at the end of each day that my diet has covered 3 portions, carbohydrates(rice, rotee), calcium (leafy vegetables) and proteins (pulses).
- What is required for good taste? Hunger! So I never felt that I am eating tasteless food and I maintained food timings strictly.
I call dinner as final settlement :-) the reason is, we are human beings and we do mistakes that is eating more food than necessary, the solution for this is Final Settlement Adjustments! In details, suppose if I have snacks in the evening or cake in birthday party or oily food on weekend then I would skip dinner that day as a final settlement adjustment. I maintained lucid account of my diet at the end of each day! where there is a will there is a way :-)
Controlling tongue from tasting (of course talking as well!) is the toughest task in the world. In a day, renouncing taste one time (dinner) out of 3 times (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) is definitely not a big deal for anyone and it makes a great difference.
- With simple food habits and WILL power to control mind to eat systematically will definitely help in losing astonish weight within short period of time. I am the example!
Details in depth:
After the weight loss I consulted a physician for master health check up and result of medical report was amazing. Doctor was surprised when he compared this medical report with my earlier (before weight loss) Lipid profile report where I had higher levels of cholesterol.
After weight loss, I used to prance exuberantly like kids! This is because of energy levels that my “state of mind” and body forced me to do. My calculation of measurement for fruitful life is just the level of State of Mind, nothing else.
I would like to elaborate little on “state of mind” by comparing a beggar and an engineer, the happiness of a beggar who gets 100 Rupees is equals to the happiness of an engineer who gets promotion after 2 years of rigorous work, funny thing here is, beggar enjoys the food with that 100 rupees but engineer may not enjoy the food as beggar because of his scarification of health due to hard and stressful work hence the food restrictions such as no sugar (diabetes) , no salt(Blood pressure), no fat(cholesterol).
I also believe in Hinduism philosophy of diet that is food is three types (Sattvic , Rajasic, Tamasic) and what we eat determines our mental as well as physical status, however, I got to know about this after my weight loss so I followed partial unknowingly. I followed the philosophy of “Eat Moderate”.
Heart transplantation is simple example of extraordinary caliber of human body construction by nature. Our body is the best doctor in the world to cure any kind of decease if we maintain. Unfortunately, we are ruining our health with sedentary and affluent life style.
Nature principle on “FOOD”:
Nature principle of diet is, all species including human beings have to earn food through physical work then appease taste buds with earned food. If your nature of work is sedentary then you are eligible to eat “Moderately” and your maid is eligible to eat “More and high calorie tasty” food. Nature does not give any exemption based on person's designation or economic status. We are nature products and we should obey the nature principles. Can we live without breathing using technology? No. Hence, Caveman to modern man there is no difference in breathing air to live. Natural fundamentals never change.
“Too much luxurious life style can cause costly treatment or no treatment to recuperate.”
I would like to share great quote from Dalai Lama on modern life style and health.
"Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."